"Fifty Shades of Grey" Comedic Reading + Chips & Dips Party
- Official timing of event is now 4pm to 6pm. It'll probably be ever so slightly less hot.
- When you make a reservation, your name won't appear in the public guest list. ;)
- More videos below!
Join us for a silly afternoon of chips, dips and a comedic reading of "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E. L. James. Share why you love/hate the book. It will probably be mortifying, but we think you'll get a laugh out of it too!
Format of event
- We'll be taking turns reading aloud excerpts from "Fifty Shades of Grey". This is an erotic novel that contains adult content. You have been forewarned.
- Please bring a contribution for our chips and dips potluck party, e.g. plain corn chips, vegetable sticks, dips, drinks. Do indicate your contribution when you RSVP.
- We want our read-alouds to be safe and welcoming to everybody. Participants who engage in harassing behaviour will be asked to leave immediately.
- The event is free. Adding the payment was a silly decision because you'll need at least three more steps to make your confirmation.
What to bring
- A copy of "Fifty Shades of Grey", if you have one. Come anyway if you don't! It won't be necessary to have the book in order to participate.
- A contribution for the potluck party.
- A mat or blanket to sit upon.
We are meeting at the pavilion (circled in blue) located between the Gothic Gate closest to Carpark A and the “Together” sculpture in the ASEAN Sculpture Garden. The pavilion faces the back entrance of National Museum of Singapore.
If you are coming by bus or MRT, an easy way to walk to the pavilion is to make your way to the National Museum of Singapore first. At Level 3, next to the children’s playroom (called "Play@NMS"), there is an exit that opens to Canning Rise road. Take this exit, cross the road, keep walking straight ahead and you’ll see the Gothic Gate, Carpark A and the pavilion. (On the map this route is marked in blue.)
Note from co-organizer YQ: This event is not endorsed by the author/publisher/lawyer/everyoneelse of the book. We're a bunch of readers who want to read to each other. You must admit that is a lot sexier than whatever they're doing in the book.
See you there!
Update: Some of you are worried about the sun and rain. Don't worry, there is shelter.
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM SGT
- Fort Canning Park
Free de! FULL
- Venue Address
- fort canning park Singapore
5 minute walk from Dhoby Ghaut Station. Behind National Museum of Singapore.
Read-Aloud Sg Book Club112 Followers